Friday, September 30, 2005

I spray the Mortein on my undies...

Shock Horror! Do not adjust your computers - I'm real! I am finally getting around to posting. Yes I've been a bad blogger (applications to spank me at end of post), and no, I haven't left y'all for a couch. Although the couch I ended up getting ($120 from St Vinnies) is quite lovely and I'd love to show you a picture, only I can't get the mofo' internet to work in the Palace yet. Damn straight, this moving business is harder than it looks.

I've also been working like a mofo for the last week - just so I could take some annual leave. Stupid boss. However I'm finally on holidays - and I'm not chasing down fridges or plumbers or light bulbs or spider spray anymore. So I'll finally have a bit of time to fix internet connection, and in no time I'll be posting like a biatch again.

Spider spray, you might ask? Yes, for all the big fearless woman girl of the world that I am, I am shit scared of spiders. In fact, I'm so scared of them that I'm not even going to use google image search to post a pic here, because I'd be too scared to look at the pictures it brings up. 'Luckily', my apartment also seems to be spider HQ. I am sure there's a nest of them somewhere. I thought I might be able to turn it into an advantage: might get some hotness pest exterminator dude around to eradicate my 'problem', however, 'cos I've now signed up for the poverty line, my main weapon of defence is this:

It seems any old chemical spray stuff will do. God knows what I'm going to do when I actually work out HOW TO USE THE FRONT LOADING WASHING MACHINE AND TRY AND DO SOME WASHING MYSELF.* Bless you mum, for your washing machine, and your hillshoist.

And bless you all for being so patient and still coming by here, and Hambo, there is a European pillow with your name on 'round here! I promise you regular updates or you can all have a suckle of my zipple. One at a time though.

* If anyone has any tips on how to use these puppies, please let me know. I've only ever used the bad-water-wasting upright ones. I put my clothes in the other day, and eventually got it to spin around, but I can't get any water in it.** I mean, I know their meant to be water-economical, but that's just ridiculous.
(**Before you ask, yes, the taps are on...)

3 comments:

Hambo said...

May I be the first to say "Welcome Back".

Welcome Back Martie, you sure were missed. Even the comment spammer missed you.

Martie said...

Hambo - I am officially a comment-spam-virgin no more!!!

Ruby - you are more than welcome to come round and take your pick of the little furry cute things round here!!

Desci said...

So good to see you posting again, you slack bitch. :P xo