Thursday, June 15, 2006

ONE DAY TO GO

I have to type quickly...or I fear that the Pharmacy Brand analgesic that I have taken to try and get some sleep will take effect and I'll nod off at my keyboard...either that or the World Cup will do the trick.

ONE MORE DAY.

One more day, and I'll be out of that god-forsaken minefield of bitchyness and more intrigue than a 15th European Court. And quite possibly into a bigger one, but there's more chance of getting away from it in a larger corporation, isn't there.

Actually, you could possibly pass it off as half a day, because the afternoon will most likely be spent at the pub down the road. But I promise not on the revolving dance-floor afterwards. Stalk away.

The one good thing to come out of it, was that I sneakily requested my own going away present, an ice-cream cake, and a trip to the pub instead of chinese in the office. Hurrah for me.

Then on the weekend I'm fucked-out busy, repairing shoes, taking up hems, getting hair done and buying a(nother) black suit. Hurrah, trains, here I come.

So yeah, here's a recap. Last day of work tomorrow; first day of work on Monday = too stupid to take a week's break in between.

Mmmmmm so sleepy now....have a good one....

5 comments:

Cookie said...

I know how you feel. I quit my job last week, as it was too hard for me to work and look for a new job. My last day was Friday, and just last night I got a call to tell me I got the job I wanted. I'll be starting on Tuesday! But I've spent these past three days job hunting, cooking & cleaning, so not really a holiday....

Good luck with your new job. I have found the bigger the company the more you can get away with, so hopefully it will be the same for you!

Enny said...

!!!HOORAYS!!!

(Tho ur proddly already at the pub!)

Kate said...

Good luck for Monday. :) remember judge people harshly, thats what they'll be doing to you.

Mars said...

Hang on a minute... there's only one revolving dance floor in melbourne! Oh dear...

Anonymous said...

So how did it go? And how has it gone? And how will it have gone?