Thursday, December 07, 2006

On a happier note...

Because the best friend stuff is too DEPRESSING at the moment, especially after I called and left a message tonight saying 'let's talk, I don't want to lose you as my best mate, etc, etc' and then didn't get a call/text message back. So instead, to celebrating my achievements!

***

Achievements, you say? What sort. Well, it's not quite climbing Everest or finding a cure for alzhiemers, but for me, they're big.

1. Went to kickboxing. The first, non-sexual form of physical activity I have done in the past three weeks.

2. Put some washing on mid-week and hung it out. Because normally I end up with piles of it on a Saturday, then combined with my crappy 1&a half wash cycle and almost-zero line space, it never gets done.

3. Watered my plants. They were thirsty.

4. Bought myself a roast chicken from Safeway (Hi, Mars), cut all the breast meat (mmmmmmm, breast meat) off the bone, and stored in container ready to make sandwiches for lunch tomorrow. Why buy my lunch every day, when I am trying to save for a couch>

5. Made a list of the all things (Tissues, bottle of water, etc) that I have to take to work tomorrow. Because I'll be rushing, and at least I won't forget anything.

6. Used some tanning cream disguised as moisturiser, and now am starting to develop and lovely brown glow. And patchy areas around my ankles & feet. Alright, not quite the achievement I was looking for, but it puts me one step closer to girly-ness, non?

7. Changed a light globe. Scared of the dark.

AND

8. Made an appointment to get my hair cut. Fingers crossed; I want a full fringe with longer bits on the sides, a semi-permanant glossy chocolate brown put it, darker & lighter brown foils put in for a bit of depth, and a couple of random blonde patches around my fringe for something interesting. If it works out okay, I'll post a picture.


So. Congratumalations to me. 'Dere's some might fine achievements in my life right there, nothing exciting, but with all that's going on, it's good to know that the organisational part of my brain can kick in, and I'm still a fully functioning member of society.


For now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Productivity is up!

Anonymous said...

Snap! I bought a chook from safeway too, but its for dinner.....

Mars said...

hi martie

Hambo said...

I don't like Safeway chickens. But I guess that is because I had to cook and serve them for a couple of years back. Strangely, the year I stopped working in the Deli, the chickens got better.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing from your post on my blog, you recognise me(or my blog). I'm not in hiding as such, but am learning to be more discreet, as you never know who might stumble across your blog....

I had forgotten how good it is to blog about things you need to say or have a think about, but you can't or shouldn't (or there's no one interested) to certaind people.

Kate said...

hahahahaha that tan in a moisturiser gave me headachs too. so streaky. and patchy. Either it, or me, is demented. I'd like to believe it's the maoisturiser.