Wednesday, December 27, 2006

True or False?

Because it's the festive season, and it's about fun, etc, we're going to play a little game down here in Martieland.

I will tell you a story, and you will have to guess if it is true or false. You could win some crappy x-mas present cast off that I don't want, so pay attention.

And, begin:

Once upon a time, a week before Christmas 2006, Martie & Jungle Boy were sitting down enjoying a meal. Jungle Boy then asked "What was happening Christmas day?"
Martie: "I'm not sure"

JB: "Well, I'm having lunch at my parents' house"

M: "So am I"

JB: "Do you want to come over and have dinner at my parents' house on Christmas night?"

M: "Well, yeah, but normally we (MARTIE FAMILY) have a few drinks at Christmas, so I might not be able to drive"

JB: "Hmmm. Ok. What about if I come and pick you up, say Hi to your parents for Christmas, etc, and then drive you back up and we'll have dinner then?"

M: "Sounds good"

Fast Forward to Christmas Eve, 4:30pm

JB: "So I'm still picking you up tomorrow afternoon"

M: "Yep, cool, see you then"

Fast Forward to Christmas Day, approx 3pm

JB: "What's happening? Are you drunk?"

M: "Only a little"

JB: "So you'll be able to drive later? Drive up here? We probably won't have dinner"

M: "Nah I don't think so. I feel okay, but don't want to chance it"

JB: "Well don't rush it"

M: "Rush what?"

JB: "Rush whatever you're doing. Come up when you feel like"

M: "What happened to you picking me up?"

JB: "So full at the moment...Who wants to drive 2 hours on Christmas Day...Oh well, if I have to come and pick you up, what can I do about it?"

M: "Don't come if you don't want to come"

JB: "Ok. I won't. Who would want to drive all that way on Christmas day?"

Fast Forward to 11:30pm, Christmas night

JB: "Are you pissed off?"

M: "Yes"

JB: "I thought so. Don't be like that"

M: "Well how come you didn't come down and see me? You've disappointed me, and you've disappointed my parents. Didn't you want to see each other? It's Christmas!"

JB: "Well...I just couldn't be bothered. Plus, me and my parents had lunch, then we were talking, then doing stuff, so there really wasn't an opportunity to come down"

M: "So you couldn't be bothered seeing me? On Christmas day?"

JB: "No, it's not that. Christmas is just a day to me. But it means a lot to other people, like my parents. Besides, we're seeing each other now"

M: "It means a lot to me. But you couldn't be bothered seeing me. Surely your parents wouldn't have minded if you were away for a little while. After all, I was going to be spending Christmas night with your family"

JB: "Yeah, well, maybe not. I don't know. I just didn't want to go down. I wanted to stay up here with my parents".

M: "What an awesome Christmas"

***

SO. Did this actually happen? Or is it just a figment of my overactive imagination?

4 comments:

Hambo said...

I vote true, cause I want free stuff.

If he was scared of the icy conditions, then he should of just said it. It was a horrible day to drive. Well I think it was, after all. I had never driven in icy conditions. I almost lost control of my car around a round about

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna take a wiiiild and craaaazy guess and say it was true? And by your ability to recount it in fine detail I'd say you were fairly pissed off (with every right to be).

Jamie said...

I've said it befoire. I'll say it again. DUMP HIM.

Desci said...

True, seconding Hack's comments. I *promise* you you can do better. xo