Sunday, April 01, 2007

Whoa

Well, i did find something to do on my Saturday night. Not half as good as sharing my bed with someone (sleeping, not anything else, gutterheads), but still made me realise what an arsehole I've been.

I went back through, in chronological order, all my entries for the past year or so, about The Boy. Actually, that's nearly every one. So much whinging, so much pain, and I could have controlled it ages ago.

Amazed you guys even put up with it.

What an annoying shit I was (still am, don't say it!).

Actually, I'm really pissed off that I put up with his shit for so long. I remembered back a couple of other times, especially when I got upset because there was some chick in a bikini as his screensaver, so obviously he had a case to build, and last week was not just some heat of the moment thing.

HOWEVER, no more dwelling, it's a brand new month, and in the spirit of brand new things, I've got goals. Not April resolutions, but actual goals. And making sure I keep them, I'm going to pledge to you that I will, pledge to important people in my life, and follow them up all the time.

So without any further ado, I present MY GOALS...

* Save money to go on Contiki trip to Europe - next year
* Save money so I can buy a house - By the time I'm 30
* I want to be a curvy, toned size 14 - by end of year
* Join boxercise class - next month
* Start up running program - next fortnight
* make new friends - immediately


Also goals, but didn't make the list: Clean house, do washing, take dry cleaning, buy new handbag (TODAY).

I'm excited. Weekly progress reports coming soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kick ass. Nice to see you upbeat and back on the pony.

(In case you're wondering why I'm emerging so frequently from lurkerdom, it's because I used to be 'that guy' and I wanted to make sure you knew that he's not worth your time.)

Martie said...

The thing is, I've got nothing to bring me down now. I feel good about everything.

And I think we've all been 'that guy' in a relationship in the past.

Anonymous said...

Martie, would love to hang out with you some time. Unfortunately with two small 'uns I'm not up for a lot of part-ay-ing any more, but coffee and shopping and the like are always on the table.

Hang in there :)

xxx

- C.