Thursday, June 16, 2005

I'd be heading back to captivity, if I were you....

Reports through that Australia's second favourite prisoner (behind the TV show, of course), Douglas Wood, has been released from his Iraqi captors overnight.

This is excellent news for Mr Wood, his family and the muslim community, however driving to work I heard some disturbing reports concerning his freedom.

Amongst the things that he said upon his release, I have issues with the following things:

1. He reportedly wanted to know when he could get a cold 'VB'

2. He inquired as to how the 'Cats' were going
this year.

I am major concerned for the following reasons:

1. VB is a crap beer. How 'bout a nice cold Carlton Draught, poured into a frosty sideways glass? Draught is made from beer. You can do better than VB, Dougie.

2.
Fanta. Pants.




UPDATE!!!!!!
Douglas Wood has signed up as a Geelong member.
Says Geelong CEO Brian Cook "It was obvious that Mr Wood was a devoted fan of the Cats....hasn't lost any passion for his beloved Cats."

I can totally understand this. Because if I was being held captive by some Iraqi rebels, it would be my passion for that would get me through.

No comments: