Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Community Wednesday

EVERYONE'S got a regular feature on their blog; Desci has Freakline, Fits has Friday Questions, Spin has Neighbours recaps, Steph has Mid-week Banality Fests and Lefty has...Cat Pictures. Now 17 years later, Martie is getting one too.

So, welcome to Community Wednesday. Just like the page in Womens Day, only crunchy.

Rules of Engagement are very simple. Missing 'Hawaiian Snoopy'from your Happy Meal collection circa 2001? Want to know where you can get your hands on a copy of the 'Darryl & Ossie' vinyl? Even looking for a new housemate?

Then, email me at theonewiththegreenhair@hotmail.com, with what exactly you are after (the more details the better), and we will do our best to bring your wishes to fruition.

Every Wednesday, I will post a new Community noticeboard with your emails, to which people can reply to in the comments, or via your contact details that you left in your notice. If you want to remain anonymous, then it's best that you email me first, as I don't want to be an intermediary passing on the goods or money. Just think of me as your local Coles notice board!

So. To get the ball rolling, here is something that I DESPERATELY want, but have not been able to find - maybe someone somewhere has seen them:

***
WANTED:
Woollen, fingerless gloves, that have a little 'cap' attached that you can pull over your fingers (so that they look like mittens) when you are finished with the fingerless part. In case that is confusing, here is a picture to help, proudly brought to you by MS Paint:


(Whoops, I appear to have stolen someone's whole blog there)

Anyway, if you have seen these being sold anywhere - and I have a feeling they are more likely to be on the trendy, artsy side of town, as opposed to the toffy, Country Road leather glove side of town, please let me know in the comments. Possibly before the end of Winter, as I would very much like to wear these around the city smugly.

***

And that's it. That's how easy it is. So get cracking people. And we will reconvene back here next Wednesday for some more Community action.

7 comments:

Enny said...

I'm sure there are lotsa things I'm after, but jus wanted to let you know that ur pic looks like one that the guy that illustrated the Roald Dahl books woulda done... ;o)

Hambo said...

Im looking for someone to hold and cuddle up with on a cold winters night. Genuine offers only. Must be female. :P

elaine said...

I don't know where you can buy them, but if you email me I'll knit you a pair.

Cost negotiable depending on the wool you want used.

Mars said...

Well, they have the finger-top-less gloves in miss shop, but they are missing the mitten part. Is that essential? I saw them tonight...

Enny said...

Ok - I can put in a serious one!

I'm curious in getting some 'Cherry comics' (ooh naughty!) but don't know where to look...

Anonymous said...

Hambo, you're a creepy motherfucker.

Kate said...

Matie I found them for you, but they are not wollen, they are pollar fleece. They have the little cap bit though.

Head to Pinnacle outdoors in the city (just off hardware lane), they are on the stand next to the register.