Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Machines with a heart

I don't know if this is indicative of my current state of mind, or if anyone else thinks it is a highly traumatic advertisement but:

You know the ad with the ANZ ATM? The one where he (The ATM) follows the guy around all day, until he finally needs to withdraw money, and The ATM is standing there faithfully, all out of breath, waiting for him?

That ad makes me cry.

I look at The ATM as a dog, ever faithful, and to see it chasing after that horrible man, apparently unwanted, breaks my heart.

To the extent where I now have to change channels whenever it comes on.




So now, when I open up my retirement home for dogs; I think I'll have to open a separate section for ATMS.

5 comments:

Enny said...

Have you ever seen that futurama episode where Fry has a dog?

THAT makes me cry... =o(

Hambo said...

Have you seen that real life show where hambo takes care of a dog??

Jamie said...

Martie, don't feel too bad for the ANZ. The way those cunts charge fees, they deserve to work for our money a bit.

Michael H said...

And here I was just thinking it was a clever, funny, and well thought out ad. Who would have thunk that some bank ad would make people cry.

Anonymous said...

Cripes Martie, you're not up the duff are you?

I ask because just about every chick linked to The Spin Starts Here seems to be.