Monday, April 04, 2005

Queensland: On the bleak side of sunny

The Tart is thinking of chucking a Scott and Charlene and moving to QLD. She, along with thousands of other Neighbours 'stars' and Victorians, is moving to the sunny state in the hope of a better life and well, some sunshine.

Now, don't get me wrong; I don't hate QLD, I haven't been there since I was eight, and quite frankly, all I was concerned with at the time were the rides, so I really can't remember much else. But doesn't it seem that there is a fuckload of people moving to QLD to 'get away from it all'? Tart is the 4th person I know that has moved there to get a better life in the last year.

So what is it about QLD? Is it some big fuck-off halfway house for miscreants and people who want to whinge about their life in general? (FOR THE RECORD, Tart is moving up to be closer to all her family, who now reside up there). Does QLD really offer such a good life to those down on their luck, that all of a sudden once they move up there, they are suddenly blessed with good fortune and happiness? What does QLD think of these vagabond soapie stars and depressed Victorians moving up and taking over their jobs and houses and so forth? Do QLD'ers ever move down here? Probably not.

Why am pondering so many inane QLD questions? Oh yes, that's right. Tart has asked me to move up with her. I have so far resisted the idea and managed to put it off. However, recent, cunt-like developments and the fact that I'd have to organise serious holiday time have forced me to consider the idea. After all, that's what one does when one's bestie is going to up and leave the state, isn't it?

I sat down and had a look at the real estate scene tonight, just to show that I am properly researching this idea. Well fuck me, now I know what QLD'ers think of us moving up there: Their real estate prices are insane - they have inflated them just to piss the Victorians off. Forget Geelong & Dandenong fighting it out to be Victoria's second city; I think we've found our winner in Brisbane! Seriously, we are talking Melbourne prices, for, well, not Melbourne. And considering on my must have list was; A pool; Airconditioning; Open spaces and lots of light, I might as well move to Brighton. It, on most accounts, would be cheaper.

So I have drawn up a list of pros & cons about the move:

CONS
----

1. Missing Mum & Dad
2. There are more opportunities to follow my chosen career path in Melbourne
3. Housing is fucking expensive
4. The climate: I don't do humidity
5. Miss my friends
6. Miss the Ex-Fucker, and any opportunity we might have to reconcile (Fuck off, you knew he'd make the list)
7. I don't tan very well.
8. Living with the Tart can get on my nerves
9. I don't want to be seen as a person 'running away from it all'

PROS
----

1. Getting away from Mum & Dad
2. Houses are expensive in Melbourne; shoeboxes are expensive in Melbourne
3. Sunshine
4. What fucking friends?
5. Get away from the Ex-Fucker and all of his shit
6. Easy access to stalk Jonathan Brown
7. I'll MISS Tart so so so so much, and all of our alcomohol fuelled nights
8. I'll miss my godson & watching him grow up
9. Did someone mention Jonathan Brown????????????

Hmmm, most of those cancel each other out, hence rendering my list useless and forcing me to play with the press-button-laughy-thingy on the desk a million times in pissed-off-ness at waste of time and typing.

However, this will be one question that I will ponder in the coming months; and one that is liable to make or break me.

Perhaps I'll consider Adelaide???????

No comments: