Monday, September 25, 2006

I need a nap

I'm such an Ikea slut.

Yesterday, I went to the Lesbian Mecca (or maybe it's just coincidence there's so many chicks with short spiky hair holding hands) and bought a Billy bookcase, and two bedside tables.

$200 bucks later & I'm jizzed up to see my books in their little home; I'd forgotten how calming it is to look at shelves full of books.

All I need now is the couches/lounge suite, and my apartment will actually look fairly grown up (NB - Probably not best to take the alphabet magnets spelling out crazy shit on my fridge into account at this point).

Also, I'm going...on a holiday! Well, not quite a holiday, more like a short break. But I will be driving up the Sapphire Coast of NSW for Melbourne Cup Weekend, going to country pubs and betting on the greyhounds, and staying in a cabin on the beachfront.

I paid the deposit yesterday afternoon, while having sex. Yep, that's about as wild as it gets around here; riding the pony whilst conducting credit card transactions over the phone.

"Would you like a receipt for that?"
"Yes, oh god, YES"

I know, lame.

Speaking of Lame, Australian Idol comes to mind. There are all sorts of interesting-er commentaries about, so I'm not even going to try.

All I want to say is - I hope Damien the Irish Guy doesn't win. Only because I like him so much. Thus concluding this episode of embarrassing confessions.

And speaking of embarrassing - do you think it is at all humiliating to pluck stray pubic hairs in front of another? I just can't figure it out.

6 comments:

Desci said...

Sex? ZOMG Martie has a new man, or was he just a plaything? Spill, m'dear minx!

Anonymous said...

It's slightly embarrassing to pause during a pash to pick a pube from your mouth - more so because you don't know if it's yours or theirs.

But yet it happens surprisingly often.

Anonymous said...

so many chicks with short spiky hair holding hands

The Ikea wasn't in Northcote, was it?

Because that would probably explain it.

Anonymous said...

Who > What > Where > When?!

Mars said...

I've been to Ikea. What a zoo that place is.

hawkeye23 said...

I was at Ikea a few weeks ago... Can't say I noticed any scary bull dykes though....