Sunday, March 25, 2007

A reference guide

Erm, it's late on a Sunday night, and I really should be getting to sleep. I'm running on 4 hours - it's ok, I was just blind drunk, not lying awake thinking about fuckheads all night. And while I'm at it, I must apologise for that slightly aggressive post from 4am this morning. After 'It' all happened, I rang my best friend and we went out, and I got shitfaced, and ahem, picked up. Well, basically I pashed a guy until the lights came back on, then I went and hid in the toilets so he didn't have the whole 'I'm coming home with you' deal. Some random face sucking was enough to massage my bruised ego for the night.

Anyway, I will write a proper post on this at some stage; I probably won't go into detail with what happened. Needless to say that it was quick, unexpected, I was stupid, he was a bastard and I've learnt my lessons. And YES!!! I echo Flashman's sentiments from the previous comments that I should have gotten in first. I'm MIGHTY pissed off that I didn't (FUCKING LOVE HINDSIGHT, DON'T WE?), but has everyone has rightly pointed out to me today, it's what I wanted in the long run, but just not how I wanted it to be done.

So this post is just going to be a list. A list that I can refer back to if I'm feeling a bit down, or getting itchy SMS fingers. My list is called:

Reasons why I'm better off without the Jerk

* He didn't treat me properly (See Christmas, 2006 and other assorted blog posts).
* He's such a mummy's boy, and that will never change.
* I was low on the list of his priorities.
* In two years, he'd never once said he loved me.
* I won't have to drive to the Greensborough area anymore.
* I can change the title of this blog.
* I don't have to drive around in a WRX with personalised number plates anymore.
* My new couch is all mine.
* I don't have to sleep in horrible bed anymore.
* I won't bore anyone with my lame posts about the shit going down between us.
* He was a cold, cold person, and could never speak about something face to face.
* He was such a tight arse.
* I can go out and not feel bad/guilty for drinking.
* I don't have to buy 'fat' coke again.
* I don't have to deal with someone that wears fucking basketball shorts everywhere.
* I can save some money.
* He never once said he loved me.
* I'm sure there are much much more, but I'm really tired and I need to sleep (EYES ARE SO PUFFY)

If you can think of any, let me know.

Also, what to do with his stuff...do I just put it in the bin? Last night after he dropped me off, he said "This is the last time you'll ever see me", and gave me back my keys, so I'm assuming that he doesn't want his aftershave, or his pj pants, or his nice (and expensive) grey jumper, or his expensive duck down pillows. What should I do? If I chuck them, and he asks for them, I'll look childish. But if I keep them, they will remind me of him, and I'm starting afresh. Please advise.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Nice one, looks like you're feeling better already!

Now, about his stuff... see how you're worried that keeping his stuff will remind you of him? Why don't you 'personalise' his things and then return them, so that they will always remind HIM of YOU.

Put some of your perfume in his aftershave. Get a fabric marker and write little anti-love letters on his stuff, where he won't find it for months.

Is that a bit psycho? (Do you really care?)

Kymmy said...

Good girl yourself. Nothing like a disco pash with a random to help move the 'process' along.

Re: his stuff - I reckon bag it and put it in the corner of your laundry (or other place where you won't see it often) for 2 weeks. If he hasn't asked for it back after then, bin it. Actually, burn it, then bin the ashes (it'll be cathartic). If he asks you for it back, tell him it's too bad. Or pretend you have no idea what he's talking about and could he please stop calling, the weirdo.

You've listed some bloody good reasons why breaking up is a good thing. Best of all is that he was a tight arse - that's just no fun for anyone. Nothing says love like going dutch.

Wow, this is the longest comment I think I've ever posted.

Mars said...

chuck the shit fo sho..

Anonymous said...

Flash - Yeah, as self satisfying as it would be, I am determined to stay mature through out the whole thing. The very least that I deserve is my self respect.

Kymmy - This is a very good idea - hey may have some time to calm down, and request his items. Mind you, he probably couldn't have his toothpaste, hair gel, mouthwash or toothbrush back, because I poured them down the sink/snapped in half.

Mars - It's being chucked. I will do the 2 week thing, then it's gone. Actually, I'm not chucking the grey jumper out - it's too good. And the pillows are far too good to chuck (and I don't have any others), and I'll use the aftershave to spray my clothes if I haven't washed them, and the pj pants are so comfortable. I'm not hanging on to them because they're is, just because I'm a resourceful girl.

IS THIS WRONG?!

Anonymous said...

I'll just say don't keep the aftershave. There is nothing more powerful than the sense of smell to stir feelings that are best left un-stirred.

And, good for you - life's too short for shit relationships :-)

Mars said...

nah... do what you like with this shit. technically, he gave the crap to you, so if you wanna smell like him by spraying his aftershave all over your stinky clothes... go right ahead!

Anonymous said...

Marssssssssss, why are you so nasty to me when I've got a broken heart, etc?

Enny said...

Chuck out the aftershave - sarah is right.

Chuck the jumper in the top of the wardrobe and leave it for a while - when it's reaaaaally cold you need a tv watchin jumper you can use it, otherwise I think ripping the f*ck out of it would also be seven kinds of fun.

Buy some new pillowcases and keep the pillows - it's hard to get a good one! They'll feel like all yours before you know it.

If he asks tell him you already saw him for the last time and put it in the vinnies bin.

Jamie said...

Glad you've made the break, however it came about.

As I see it, you have two options:

a) put all his belongings in a big bag. Put the after shave in on top. Drive to his house, Hit after shave bottle with a hammer. Smash bottle. Leave bag there.

b) E-mail us his address. Offasl run, anyone? Hambo?

Martie, are you still up for a trip to eat The Greatest Ice Cream in Human History?

Anonymous said...

Hack, you're asking her out on a date? DOn't you have a wife? You're no better than Unique_Stephen. You're a sleazy fuck.

Mars said...

do you REEEEALLY have a broken heart, or are you just pretending?

Martie said...

Hack - While both options are good, neither option is the mature, dignified option I'm going for! I've spent all week maintaining my self respect by not messaging him, etc, and however good an offal run would be, I'd be totally back to zero by sanctioning it.

Also - now that it's freezing weather, ice cream sounds bloody good.

Sarah - have thought about it, and you're right about the aftershave. I don't want my things smelling like him, it's a powerful emotional trigger. So I'll have to turf it.

En - 'If he asks tell him you already saw him for the last time and put it in the vinnies bin'

HAHA, that's a classic line. And I had the same idea, re, the TV jumper thing! Snaps!

Mars - I don't know, I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just confused, maybe I'm just a Drama Queen.

Oh & Nev, please don't bring your hating 'round here, unless it's about The Boy. Honestly, Hack couldn't be sleazy if he tried, and if that was an example of someone asking me out on a date, THEN I'M IN FUCKING TROUBLE, AREN'T I?