Friday, March 30, 2007

Saturday Night Fever

Alright, what's happened has happened, and in the grand scheme of everything, it doesn't really matter. No one's died, I'm healthy, people get over heartbreak all the time.

SO. In the grand scheme of everything, my idea of getting over it, is to busy myself. Take the days that we spent together, and do interesting and fun activities to compensate. Which shouldn't be hard, considering we only spent Saturday nights & Sunday afternoons together.

Weekdays are easy. Staying back at work; trivia night every now & then; dinner with the olds; dinner with friends; cleaning; catching up on tv. Pretty much sorted then. NB - I plan to throw A LOT MORE exercising into the mix; I've seen the light, and agree with The Boy. The only person that can make me feel happy about myself, is myself.

Saturdays are a classic sleep in, Saturday arvos for cleaning or shopping. Sundays are much the same, I can't begin to tell you how much I'm looking forward to catching up with some reading.

However. My BugBear.

Saturday Nights

I mean, what in god's name do people do on a Saturday night? Most of my friends are married with kids, or about to move back to Brisbane, or something as equally non single-life-esque.

Saturday nights are all about going out to parties, or pubs, and drinking with your mates, and checking out the talent. Where the hell are all the activities? Why can't I go to a Boxercise class on a Saturday night? What the fuck is available for single, lonely people, that don't want to attend 'Singles House Parties, Dress to Impress, no denim'? Is there a secret list somewhere that someone would like to share? Or any ideas?

I want to do things, I want to meet new people, ,I need to be distracted, and I certainly don't want to hide my fabulous new haircut (Four hours & $205 later, I need to get my money's worth).

NB - It's been 5 days, and only two pieces of Chocolate. Go me.

So. Saturday nights. Ideas. For the good of my health.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe give yourself a week or two before you launch into something new. The hole doesn't need filling immediately.

Stay home, watch Rockwiz or something. Experience Sunday morning for the first time in ages.