Sunday, March 05, 2006

Ponder...

Okaaaaaaaaaaay.

I've been told countless times before, but y'know, humour me, and HAMMER IT HOME. For the love of god.

The Scenario:

* You've been laid up; unable to drive, travel, or pretty much walk even.

* You've a got a 'partner', who lives 45 mins away in off peak time, and who is very hard working during the week.

* You've told your partner previous that you have to rest and keep affected body part elevated.

* It gets to the weekend. You then adviseyour partner that you're able to get 'out & about'.

* You even ask you partner what he/she is doing on Saturday; to which he/she replies "Oh not sure. Think I have to do something with my Dad" (keeping in mind that you and your partner had planned a trip to Port Fairy this weekend).

* You go all day Saturday, until 7pm without hearing a word from partner, until he/she messages you to see what you are doing. IE - nothing, as you have given up chance to catch up with some mates at a BBQ because you thought the two of you would be doing something together.

* You find out that he/she has been fishing all day - obviously would have been planned ahead and he/she says they are too tired to come and see you.

* You get upset, because you have been sitting around all week, injured, and you would have thought that your partner would come and see you at some stage.

* Rather than apologising, partner gets defensive and says "I should have just stayed home" and "Sorry for ruining your weekend", which co-incidentally, are great names for country music songs (TM Martie).

* In the end, partner dismisses the whole thing and says "I'm tired and drained, I'm going to bed" and you haven't heard from he/she since.

The Questions:
- Do you have a right to be upset about the fact that your partner hasn't been to see you when you are injured/unwell/etc?

Or, in other words, am I just an hysterical drama queen?


Discuss.

7 comments:

Hambo said...

No your not.

You were in bed all week, bored as, and he couldn't even drop by for five minutes to bring you some reading material, chocolate, and see how you were doing?

I don't know, but your not being a drama queen.

tokenwoman said...

You are not a drama queen and that performance by him gives you the right to kick him in the nuts with your good leg.

Then when your bad calf is all better, use it to kick him again.

Jamie said...

* adopts looks, sound and mannerisms of portly African American woman *

Gerfrind, you gotta dormp that zeee-row and git yo'self a heee-row. You dig?

Martie said...

Hambo: See your sister's advice ;-)

Ruby: I like short sentences too. Wheels have been put in motion for discussion to take place. "We have to talk". SHORT SENTENCE OF THE YEAR.

D: You kill me.

TW: Oh, but apparently I am a drama queen. There are showers to be scrubbed and floors to be mopped and seeing me, gets in the way of doing that.

Caz: Dude, I'm trying. But only if he wears his T-shirt balaclava and makes his cumface like he does in his video.

Hack: FUck me dead & bury me pregnant, Goddamn fucking OPRAH commented on my blog. I dig.

Enny said...

I'm with everyone else - he's crap.

Pull the crank and get the next one =o)

Cookie said...

d) All of the Above

Anonymous said...

He sounds like a total cockwipe. DTMFA.