Friday, April 14, 2006

Mmmmmmmm, steak....

I'm such a lazy bugger. As such, to celebrate Good Friday, here is a list post. Because Jesus liked lists too.

* I don't get the whole non-eating red meat thing on Good Friday. Surely it should be just don't-eat-human-flesh day? In any case, I'm having steak for dinner; if only just to prove my point.

* Good Friday is such a waste of a day - there's nothing to do! Open thy shops, damnit!

* I really should get out of bed and wash my towels.

* Everyone's leaving blog land. No such luck for anyone that reads this - you are all still stuck with me. But as such, I shall be updating my links page (another excuse not to get out of bed).

* *Someone* is cut at me because I told them that I wasn't buying Easter Eggs this year. Easter Eggs are for the kids, hey? And even though I had to get my mum one, and my dad some carwash (in lieu of chocolate eggs - what a MADMAN), I shall not be purchasing any for anyone else. Naughty Martie.

* ...I've got nothing else. This really is a good indicator of just how bored I actually am on Good Fridays. Is there anything in Christian 101 that says you can't start drinking before 12pm?

Have a spankin' good Easter break (I am so MTV) and watch out for Monday's special hungover edition, in which I will highlight the dangers of drinking alcomohol, and being around someone who likes to talk behind your back. Delicious!


*****UPDATE - GOOD FRIDAY 'NIGHT'*****
Oh, I was so, so, SO right with my call about not buying *anyone else* easter eggs. Again, so let down and so used. At least folding my washing is fun.

6 comments:

Cookie said...

I definately have noticed that some of the blogs I read have had fewer posts then usual.

Which kinder sucks when I look forward to seeing a slice of someone's life!

Enny said...

I think the link is that once I add them on my page, they retire.

But on the eating meat thing - I didn't plan my groceries to avoid so I'm proddly having meat too (unless my parents have planned seafood and I can go home and scam in on that!!!)

Greg said...

I hate it when blogs i read disappear or stop without an explaination, i always find myself wondering what happened to the author.

As for good friday, it certainly is a waste of a day and i wonder why the shops are closed when we are supposedly a multicultural society where only some of the population actually cares about easter for anything else but a holiday and chocolate and for the fact that the retailers make squillions from selling said chocolate to us anyway.

Michael H said...

Happy crucfix rotting day (Sorry, my friend has been saying that to everyone all day).

There's nothing like some retailers profiting from a silly public holiday which for a growing proportion of society has little relevance.

Hambo said...

I heard that somewhere in the world, you can eat meat if you don't belive its meat, Like cut a steak into the shape of a fish, cover it in batter, then deep fry it. if you think its fish (rather bad fish) then you won't go to hell. I also heard that we are all going to hell anyway, and that hell is what you make it.

My hell is going to be pretty sweet. Being able to do whatever I want, when I want is my idea of hell, and it scares the crap outta me.

Enny said...

I got my easter eggs this morning and i've already eaten most of them =o(

But I was right on the Mumsy&Dadsy call - I managed to pop over there for salmon, prawns, riccadonna, cruisers and Season 3 of Father Ted (after Nerds FC of course) woot!