Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I ask two questions, you give me two answers:

Ok. First up. This first question is probably better posed to someone like Lillian Frank, but dear old 'Lil has been giving me the shits lately, so I'm going to ask the wider audience to confirm:

When going to a restaurant, (NOT a cafe, not a 'casual' eatery, but a real-life, grown up restaurant), and you're asked to wear something 'nice', is it appropriate for you to wear; black skate shoes with white socks, jean shorts, and a T-shirt with the words 'STFU University' on it?? Discuss


***


Secondly. Can you be 'attracted' to a number of people, without ever wanting to be with them, or even grab* them, or rip their clothes off in a fit of passion? I realised today that I am attracted to my team leader, but I'd never go there, for a whole host of reasons, the least of all that he is my superior. I just felt funny when he touched me. Discuss.



*Grab - apparently what the kidz are calling kissing these days. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM - I FEEL SO ANTIQUATED.

6 comments:

Desci said...

A big 'Yes' on the second. I call it an 'Idea Crush'.

Anonymous said...

On the first one (In my best Lillian Frank voice) "No Darling"
There's nothing to discuss on this point

On the second, it may make good fodder for "Theatre of the mind" for thos nights alone, but otherwise, no harm, no foul I always say.

Mars said...

do you work for Bendigo Bank? tell the truth now...

Kate said...

hahahaha I had no idea they called kissing that either. Clearly I am un-cool.

Martie my love, there is no way that is accepted "nice" attire for a resturant. But the point is, if someone feels confortable enough to wear that to a nice resturant- good on them. I, personally, am a conformist and would be made to feel insuperier by the matre'd and thus always dress to their "perfered dresscode."

And yes, I am attracted to plenty of people- men mostly- who I have no real desire too actually "be with." The one I am thinking of in particular, is not only one of my bosses, is not only married with children, he is also 20 years older than me. But fuck me he is delicious.

Martie said...

D - I like the name, I'm going to steal it! xx

DJ - I always knew you'd be a top air-kisser, dah-link. How do you go with the 500 strong house parties??

Mars - Your question has puzzled me all week. What on earth led you to believe I work for the Bendigo Bank woman?

Kate - I agree with you in principle - if someone feels comfortable enough to wear that to a nice restaurant, that's great. I probably sounded a bit shallow, and have had a think about what you said. HOWEVS. It's nice to kind of act the part, to put in a bit of effort, etc. I'm not talking suit and tie, just maybe jeans & a nice tee, or casual shirt (I'm not that much high maintenance!)

Mars said...

ya know... the train stalking