Thursday, November 16, 2006

Slutty Slut Sluts

Hi,

I recently came to a startling revelation;

Calling someone a slut in the derogatory sense, is not cool.

Sure, in high skool, if Tiffany kissed one boy one week at a party, then kissed another boy the next week at a party, it would be OMG, SLUT! *whisper whisper whisper* "OMG HERE COMES THE SLUT" "Hi Tiff, how lucky are you to kiss..." "SLUT"*

But saying it now, is just...meh.

Most people don't even use it for its original meaning - IE - A girl that sleeps around (NB - Not a dictionary definition. Also, obviously, Boys are Not Sluts, etc). So someone just kissed a guy you liked? Not a slut. Please correct.

Besides, a woman's sexual liberation is growing and growing all the time, to a point where the true meaning of the word slut is growing redundant.

So. I would like to apologise to anyone that I have called a slut. I'm unreservedly sorry.

Especially directed to the young lady that I called a slut in my head about half an hour ago; I don't even know you. Also, my motivation was most likely jealousy, not because you slept with 100 guys in 100 days, etc.

Excellent. I feel better already.

Would you like to take back any slut-calling?


* WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS SCENARIO???
When I was at high school, 'OMG' hadn't even been invented yet. Bad re-enactment, Martie.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You speaks the 100% truth. I only came to this conclusion recently when I called a girl a 'slut' because she sleeps around and everyone else in the convo looked at me like I had just said 'I eat babies.' It is such an uncool thing to say, why I had not realised this beforehand baffles me.

Anonymous said...

funnily enough i think teenage girls back in the mid 90's still used OMG but rather than whack it in to MSN as 'OMGWTFBBQROFLMFAO^*$^*^(*$#@' they actually said, in words, directly to each other 'oh my god'

i'm not convinced that teenage girls have changed in the last 20+ years other than that apparently it is much easier to slag each other off with the technology of the day. Also i am pretty sure it is harder to purchase smokes as an under-ager these days.

looking at it, i think it was easier to be a teenage girl in the 90's without all this msn/myspace/other-random-faceless-internet-technology bullshit (but maybe i am just [notreallthatold]old-fashioned)

Hambo said...

I used to say LOL in high school. In a kind of tounge-in-cheek kind of way. However, no one knew what I was on about cause the "MSN" craze hadn't happened.

I'm ahead of my time.

Ø×®êpsêºãªOMG!!1!

Anonymous said...

i got called a slut on the train last night. totally unprovoked. these snaggle-toothed guys drinking long necks walked past me and said 'look at that slut. i'll gonna kick her in the guts'. then they called me harry potter as they got off the train (a reference to my glasses and possibly the lighting shaped scar on my forehead). it was quite alarming and really hurt actually. it bears no relevance to your post, but i just wanted to share.

Hambo said...

talking about dickheads. Whats with little woggy dickheads sporting bum bags that they don't strap around their waist, but rather swing around like a very tiny hand bag? They also sport the same shitty mullet haircut.

Kate said...

call people a Mole instead.

That word is so becoming cool again. I have been called a mole more times than I care to mention in the last 2 months. And its all in "good fun" apparently.

Next mission- to make bushy cool again. (ie "bush pig")

Michael H said...

Bush pig, there's one i've not heard in quite some time Kate. I do have a preference for the sour faced bush pig line however, but that's because I like using big words and phrases that the bogan bush pigs don't understand.

Anonymous said...

Like you, I totally only realised using the term "slut" was uncool in the past few years.
I can't fathom using the word now, as I feel like it puts the womens movement back around 40 years by dissing a chick who takes control of her sexuality.
I'll use it when I'm mucking around with my girlfriends in a "you know I don't mean it" kinda way, but I never use it in anger anymore. Like Kate, I've upgraded to "Mole", and I'm loving it.

Meanwhile, thanks so much for the red lippy comment. You're a doll! :)