Saturday, March 10, 2007

A bit of cash, a bit of flash

I stayed up until 3am last night, putting my clothes away. You might think that's tragic, for a Friday night, but believe me, I had a lot of friggin' clothes to put away. My whole wardrobe basically sits on the washing line, in the washing hamper, in the washing machine, in the dryer, and on the couch and chairs. The actual wardrobe is pretty much bare.

Anyhow, I was happy. Well, not overly happy, because I didn't have any dinner, but I did get to watch Ocean's 12. Then I watched the Timber Community's finest hour; Demi Moore & Michael Douglas in Disclosure, then I happened to change channel and catch most of a movie called "Ghost in the Computer".

The basic premise was a serial killer that stole people's address books died, but when he was having an MRI, his 'soul' got left in the computer system, and he continued to terrorise his next victim though electronic things. IE - computers, dishwashers, etc. Don't you love how when computers were such a big deal, hopeful technology movies like this were made. I mean, for reals, a 'soul' stuck in a computer system, that is killing people? LAME.

However, being 3am in the morning, one's mind does begin to wander; IE - there is a serial killer in my courtyard; I'm too scared to turn the light out; I'm really fucking hungry, I wish I ate dinner. And what it did, was force me to take stock of all the potentially life threatening appliances that share my apartment with me.

Lights; phone; hairdryer; hair straightener (EWWW); fan; kettle; TV; dryer; blender (DOUBLE EWW). I wondered if I would have nightmares about all the appliances just walking towards me in a group. Don't let anyone tell you that electrical items are not dangerous - LISTEN TO THE WARNING KIDS.

As a pleasant aside from all the death and destruction in the movie , two kids paid their babysitter $37 to unbutton her shirt, so they could get a little boob action. One even put a cushion over his groin. They weren't that good.

My point is though, isn't that expensive? Change into Australian rates, and that's like $60 for a titty flash, not even out of the bra. I thought you could pay about $50 for the pleasure of snorting a line of cocaine off some chick's tits while you fucked her friend at Hosies'? Or is that just me?

So, that's quite good money, I don't think I'd be adverse to that at all. A bit of cash, a bit of flash, and we're done. No mess, no fuss, no unexplained sticky bits. Although a friend did point out to me that they could get it for free on a Saturday night when I'm out on the pull, so I'll just have to come up with some other get rich quick scheme.

No comments: