Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Greek Style

Just lately, I've had a real craving for Tzatziki.

So much so, that it became my dinner for tonight. Tzatziki & water crackers.

My mouth now has that fuzzy feeling, and I'm sure I'd kill off a whole host of vampires, but I couldn't stop. Last week it was poached eggs, and now it's Tzatziki. Weird.

What's even weirder is that normally, I can't stand yoghurt. The thought of eating it makes my throat get all tingly and threaten to close over! Those live culture things...ick!

But somehow, yoghurt with garlic is okay. Which is essentially what tzatziki is. However, if someone said, "here, have some of this garlic yoghurt" in the beginning before I ever had any, I would have run a mile.

But you know, here I am, already planning tomorrow's lunch (chicken with rocket & tzatziki). YUM.

And thus ends my weirdass observation for today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try throwing some thinly sliced tomato and black cracked pepper with sea salt in with the chicken and tzatziki, and you have a meal that is totally healthy, and makes you look like a fitness nut without lifting a finger. Works every time.
Plus, yum factor of +9.

Enny said...

Wonder what type of deficiency would give tzatziki cravings?

If you find out, can you explain my carb cravings?! :o)

kiki said...

roasted capsicum

Ramon Insertnamehere said...

BTW Martie, just the other day I used your expression "chillaxin" in conversation with a work colleague.

Said colleague was mightly impressed.