Thursday, December 29, 2005

2006 is 'even', so I don't know why I've got my hopes up

Hurrah for the ass end of 2005! Hurrah for reflection of crap year by some beautiful water! Hurrah for lazy posting! Suck it up, bitches.

19 Things about me (because even numbers are bad luck):

1. I am absolutely terrified of Rabbits & people that dress up in the life size costumes at shopping centres, etc. I'd never be able to visit Movie World / Disneyland.

2. I believe that a well fitted bra is the most important part of a girl's outfit.

3. I'm currently feeling lazy because I haven't done any serious exercise since last week.

4. I am a secret aviation enthusiast, but I only like the big jumbo jets. You might often find me out the back of the airport, getting all jizzed up when the big internationals take off over my head. If a boy took me on a date to have dinner at the airport, then some plane watching, I'd be his forevs.

5. My job doesn't challenge me anymore and I know that I can do a lot better. However I seem stuck in my comfort zone. I aim for 2006 to break out and get that job that I deserve.

6. I hate my nipples.

7. My heart has been broken twice, all in the same year (2005). Once was the Ex-Fucker, where he tricked me into sleeping with him, by telling me that he wanted to get back together. The other was The Athlete - subject of my long but unattainable crush - who finally confessed his feelings, but out of deference to the Ex-Fucker, proceeded to 'take it all back'. No wonder why I'm thinking of locking up my heart in 2006.

8. I'm scared my brother might move to Japan permanently.

9. I'm fastidious about cleaning my sink. I heart Ajax.

10. I never really fitted in at high school. I wasn't tight with any one particular group - even though I had many friends from all different groups, I was sorta transient. I also prefered hanging out with the guys, rather than the girls. Less bitchiness.

11. I could have gone on with my netball career, 'cept I was lazy and more focused elsewhere. Then I nearly lost my leg from having a corked calf 'deliberately' inflicted to try and 'quieten' me during a match, and have vowed that if I ever find that bitch from NSW again, she's fucked.

12. I am a bag and shoe aficionado. Although, due to above injury, my wearing of high heels these days is few and far between.

13. I often will just open my cutlery drawer and look inside. It makes my heart sing to see the knives and forks and spoons all in their little compartments, with a sprinkling of pink cheap handled cutlery from Safeway for some cheer. Observe:


14. My other secret passion is history - particularly European aristocratic history. I am obsessed with their secret societies and protocols and will devour any book about the subject.

15. I have really sensitive skin, and don't wear a lot of make-up because of it. Hence, I perpetuate the tomboy myth surrounding me even further.

16. Balloons make me so happy; they are an instant cheer up for me. Not with things on them - just plain, colourful and helium-ised. I often think about buying a whole bunch and just distributing them throughout my apartment, but can't justify the cost. Again, if a boy was to give me a bunch of pink balloons, I'd be his forevs.

17. I lost a lot of 'friends' because I stood up for myself two years ago. As a result, I've spent a bit of time being lonely, but I'd rather be lonely than have friends that want to cut you up behind your back.

18. I haven't eaten microwave popcorn since I changed my diet for good, two months ago. I will eat it again one day, just when I feel a bit more in control.

19. I'm meant to be somewhere in five minutes, and I haven't even had my shower yet. Fuck. Luckily I'm finished!!


Anyway, this may or may not be my last post for 2005. Happy 2006 to everyone that read my crap this year & be good on NYE. Or if you can't be good, be good at whatever you're doing. And watch the news for drunk girls pashing policemen.

Martie xx

6 comments:

DJ said...

Netball is simply the most evil sport ever conceived. It nearly killed me, literally.

Heres to a much better new year than the last, for all!

Hambo said...

netball, evil? as if. seeing the girls run about in those short skirts makes me hot. typing one handed now.

tokenwoman said...

yeah I am starting to think me, Rigo and Martie are all the same people too.. I identified with pretty much your whole list- although I was shithouse at netball.

Hambo said...

So where should I go in the city in my Police uniform?

Oh hang on, your not here, here.

Anonymous said...

Re Number 14. Read 'The Book of the Courtier' by Baldesar Castiglione. (Written in 1528). The back cover blurb says, in part - Baldesar Castiglione, a diplomat and papal nuncio to Rome, sets out to define the essential virtues for those at court.
...discuss qualities of noble behaviour
... duties of a good government
... the true nature of love
... ideals and preoccupations of the Italian Renaissance at the moment of its greatest splendour.

It's like opening a window into the 16th century.

Desci said...

Nipples: the Unspoken Body Part. I used to hate mine, but now I just kind of... I dunno. I try not to think about it. It could be worse with them, I guess.

Happy New Year / Chrissie, too. xoxo