Sunday, May 21, 2006

This way please...

If you had been stood up for the SECOND TIME by the person who promised to take you to Cold Rock to celebrate your new job, and you had in your possession, their favourite pyjama pants, would you rip them up into little pieces and mail them back to that person??

Just asking.

Meanwhile, I'm keeping myself happy with a new bag and new shoes and a new job and A FUCKING BIG ANNUAL LEAVE PAYOUT COMING MY WAY.

I have one month to:

*lose 10 kilos
*fuck cocktards off once and for all out of my life
*stop swearing
*clean my fridge
*have a haircut
*save money for car registration/insurance
*go to Cold Rock.

For on June 19th, I plan on starting a new chapter in my life, starting with my career, and I'm going to walk out my door that morning on the way to the train station, more confident than I've ever been in my life. And I'm writing it all down here, just to keep myself on track. So, excuse me while the focus of my blog shifts a little; just keeping myself honest.

4 comments:

Enny said...

Change is as good as a holiday!

I'm the same - if I'm gonna do a big change, it's on a set date and is multilayered and monumental - if you're gonna do it, you better do it right and all or nothing!

Hambo said...

I said it once, and I'll say it again. Well done on the new job Martie. Knew you could do it.

Jamie said...

Cold Rock is fine, but Gelobar is better. Oh, and congrats on the new job...

Cookie said...

Crongrats on the job! New jobs are an excellant way to start afresh, since people only see what you tell them....