Saturday, August 20, 2005

When you gonna ring it? When you gonna ring it?

Sadly to say, the 2005 Albury sex jaunt has been postponed, due to Jungle Boy coming down with a migraine. I spent the night at his house, but he woke up shit this morning, and stayed in bed. So I thought fucked if I'd be spending my whole day in bed, so I got up, left and went to Chadstone.

Whoops. Two t-shirts, one top, one skirt and a bag later, my disappointment at not being able to spend the weekend with him was satiated. Mrs Fields macadamia brownies also played a part, but let's not get too carried away starring roles, shall we?

Anyway, shopping adventures are not the point of this post. Notice the title? It's part of the new White Stripes single, My Doorbell, from the new album Get behind me Satan.

And fucked if I can get it out of my head. Jungle Boy downloaded it for me the other night, and while the whole album is rather good, I JUST CAN'T GET THIS SONG OUT OF MY HEAD. I THINK I MIGHT EVEN HAVE TO DO MY CARMEN ELECTRA STRIPTEASE ROUTINE TO IT.

Does anyone else get like that with songs? I mean, not the strip tease part (by all means DO though), but the obsessive part? Previously, it was 'Message to my girl' by Split Enz; before that, it was 'All these things that I have done' by The Killers. And before that....well you get the picture. All very good albums, but there just happens to be a particular track where the repeat button gets a good workout. And I never seem to get sick of hearing the song over and over again as I do when crap-o commercial radio over-plays something good.

So, my Saturday night in nutshell now will be yummy take-away mexican and driving around singing "I've been thinking 'bout my doorbell; when you gonna ring it? When you gonna ring it?" And moving my hips as suggestively as possible to Meg White's HOTT drum action whilst sitting in heated car seats. All part of preparation for next weekend I 'spose, when The Tart comes down from QLD, and we go on a sparkly, alcohol-fuelled boogeying rampage round town. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

DJ said...

oh absolutely, my present one is "Don't leave home" by Dido. Not the album version mind you, the one on CD 2 of Gabriel and Dresden's "Bloom" album. Prior to that it was Saltwater by Chicane.