Thursday, August 18, 2005

Yeah, just where have all the John's gone????

Today at work, I had reason to call a rather large national financial group for some further advice regarding a client.

I was put through to a woman that I had dealt with before; we exchanged pleasantries, blah blah blah & got down to business.

As customary, she needed to take some client details; conversation as follows:

Her: "Client's contact name please"

Me: "Mohammed"

Her: "Gee, where have all the Johns gone, hey?"

Me: "........."


*Stunned silence*


I honestly had no reply. None.

Who the fuck publicy announces their racists beliefs anymore? Especially in a professional environment. To someone that they aren't aquainted with, except in a business sense?

Normally able to bullshit my way out of things, I just felt uncomfortable after that, and the conversation continued awkwardly until I was relieved to hang the phone up.

I mean, I'm not begging to suck Lefty-Tim-From-Big-Brother's cock or anything, but tolerance, and especially acceptance of any people should surely be second nature by now????


Meanwhile, in other less confronting tid bits, let's all take a minute to explore and analyse my dad's latest fad saying:

A dog's philosphy, according to Old Man Martie:
"If you can't eat or root it, piss on it instead".


See what I have to put up with?? Notions of sympathy can be directed into comments, thanks.

Anyway, I apologise in advance: posting will be scarce until next week. Apparently, I'm off to Albury to have sex. Sorry, a weekend away. I'm sure you can all imagine my disappointment that I will be doubling up (actually tripling or quadrupling up), and don't you think that I'm happy about it either. It's all about broadening horizons, HORIZONS dammit.

Anyway, look out for naked Martie up in the gateway....

No comments: