Monday, March 28, 2005

The politics of politics

Since becoming better aquainted with my laptop and more recently my brother's PC after the Ex-Fucker and I broke up, I have been reading more and more politically themed blogs than ever before.

Not so long ago, I decided that I was far too ignorant of politics and decided to go about learning more about it. It's like one day I woke up and decided that there is more to life than vodka, handbags and shoes. My old views (which I still hold to a certain extent), is that you can complain and vote, etc, as much as you like, but whoever holds government is still going to fuck it up in a big way. Hence, ever since I turned the legal voting age, I have been very complacent about my voting responsibilities, and even went as far as to write "I love Jonathan Brown" on the polling booth last year. My bad.

I haven't quite decided whether I'm of the rabid left variety, or one of those myopic right-wingers. It seems there are some things that I agree with, and others that I don't, on both sides and it is driving me bananas because I don't 'fit' into one group. Fuck, no one told me this would be just like school. Based on my current philosophies, it would seem I mainly slot into the democratic variety, but their party is so fucked up, I wouldn't want to waste my vote.

I think I'm hedging towards my own group of politics; Martie politics. I will decide the most important issues to me, then see who has the best policies. I believe that's pollie speak for a 'swinger' (hur hur).

Although I never intended this to be a political blog; stay tuned, this could interesting.

No comments: