Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Things that annoy me that are dumb and stupid

This has been annoying me for a while; and it is something that is so ridiculously stupid that I am even annoyed at myself for being annoyed at it.

Dove Products. (as in the soap)

When Dove first burst onto the Australian market, way back when (I can't be bothered researching EXACTLY when, so suck me), I was personally offended. Who were these newcomers, muscling in on Palmolive, Lux and others, taking up the supermarket shelf with their 1/4 MOISTURISING CREAM???????

Mind you, I'd never used soap to wash myself with up until six months ago anyway, so I don't know why I got all worked up about it. And really, should a teenager really be caring about brands of soap and their market positions anyway?

It's just that their ads were/are SO annoying. They just wanted to push their 1/4 MOISTURISING CREAM in our faces, and had some cunty commercial chicks pretending that they were all gooey about how good their skin felt, etc, etc. I think I remember that my little baby brother and I used to produce amateur plays to mock those stupid ads. Who said I'm not creative?

Anyway, you may be wondering what my stupid dumb annoying point is?? Guess who's now using Dove like a bitch?? Yep, that's right, I can't live without the shit. I've even started using their soap in the shower! Mmmm, gentle exfoliating beads.

I've got very sensitive skin, and therefore most stuff on the market makes me look like I've got face dandruff even if I only use it for a day. However, somehow, my face is TOTALLY DIGGING THE 1/4 MOISTURISING CREAM, FUCK IT.

It has to be soap karma. I mock Dove commercials, now the only thing I can wash my face and body with is the stupid stuff. For some reason, this annoys every single fibre of my being and I'm constantly trying to wean myself off it, but everytime I do, I run back to it like a dog with its tail between its legs. WHY DOES THE WORLD WANT TO PLAY SUCH A CRUEL JOKE ON ME???

I'm now even hooked on this:

Fresh Radiance Brightening Moisturiser (BET THERE IS MORE THAN 1/4 MOISTURISING CREAM IN THAT PUPPY)

and I'm getting excited about these:

For what girl can resist tiny little cute facial PILLOWS???


Somebody stop me, before I move onto their hair products.....it will never end....

5 comments:

Rudy Zarsov said...

I would hate to suggest that you have sold out to commercial interests with this story, but why has "mydove.com.au" attemted to put a cookie on my machine when i opened your blog????
This has not happened before when i look at your very funny stuff.

Stu said...

I thought it was 1/4 moisturising cream...?

Martie said...

Rudy: I think it might have had something to do with the link that I put up. That will serve me right for getting too excited about putting links in my posts. My bad -I've deleted it now, so it should be ok???

Janet & Stu - Yes. I don't know what I was thinking with the 1/25. I've changed it now - my bad again.

Rudy Zarsov said...

thanks martie. i would hate to think that you had sold out :-)

Hambo said...

Martie, Martie, Martie...