Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Detox Diary #2 AKA Where's me fucken diet coke?

Yeah so. I'm up to Day Four. Going really well too, until the Ex-Fucker decided to jump back on the Herpes Train and bleat about he 'has' them, so I do too. Fuck off moron. However, I am the tiniest little bit worried about it, seeing as though the last time I slept with him was July and who knows who he'd fucked (for approximately 30 seconds) before that. So I'm off to the doctor.

Anyway, I jest with you in the title. I can honestly say that I haven't experienced any real cravings for diet coke or chocolate or even Microwave popcorn. The ones at the start were all mental I think - depriving oneself of one's staple drink would cause a mild panic in any event. But I've been so busy trying fill myself up on water, that I don't really notice it. Nice. Glad. Happy with self.

Anyhoo, here's a social conundrum for you all to ponder: What to do if one's Boyfriend asks you if you want to buy his DVD player? This is not the done thing, no? Fair enough if he's just asking a mate, but girlfriend? Wouldn't the right thing to do be to just offer it to me her, then I she could offer him some money, he could accept, no harm done? Or is that far too genteel in today's society???

9 comments:

Hambo said...

Oh thanks Ruby, your wonderful yourself, and same goes to all the othe women that reads Martie's Blog, such a wonderful blog from a wonderful woman.

Anyway, I think it is wrong to "sell" items to your partner. If he needs money, and doesn't want his DVD player, he could either:

a) put a ad in the newspaper
b) flog it off to a buddy at work
c) whack it on ebay
or d) take it to Cash Converters, if he needs the money fast before the lone sharks bust his knees in.

that being said, dvd players are worth basically nothing these days, so a second hand one will fetch next to nothing. (Is that cheaper than nothing??)

Jamie said...

A wonderful man would just give you the DVD player. They're worth stuff all and he clearly either has another or has no need for it.

In the event he offered you the DVD for nada, you should feel no obligation to offer cash, since the DVD player would be a gift.

Given that he wants cash for it, I say rip his nuts off and dump his cheap arse.

Martie said...

Welcome to wonderful-fucking-land ;)

See, this is exactly what I was thinking. The boyfriend in question is a complete TIGHTASS. I just wasn't sure if I was up date with any new social complexities that may have evolved where it's all about 'ME'.

Ben said...

Hey maybe it's all an elaborate romantic gesture.

Like you buy the DVD player off him, plug it in and open the disc player - where inside you find a diamond necklace.

Hey, that's a good idea, why don't I have a girlfriend? My chivalry is going to waste dammnit.

somewhat-sober said...

oh now fuck that - i wouldn't be buying it off him!

that there is a bad attitude

he needs some education

Desci said...

I don't think he meant to offend you, but being somewhat inexperianced with relationships, and a bit of a tightarse... just explain that that shit isn't done.

Anonymous said...

Genteel should and can happen, so I say NEXT.

Rom said...

Ben, you sweet talker you! Chivallry, ah for a bloke who can even spell the word.

What're you doing for Christmas?
;-)

Anonymous said...

Great Blog.

Please visit my blog if you are looking for Weight Loss Tips and diet Information.