Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Van debate? Not here.

Well hello. 'Member me?

I'm back, having wrestled control back from Gabrielle (that was one HELL of a jelly fight). Have had no time to fuck around on computers; can't say that I'm impressed that I'm actually having to WORK during the day now. Etc.

ok, so you're going to shoot me down with bundle of sticks for being callous, but I'm sick of hearing about the 'last ditch pleas' by Australia to save Van Nguyen from the gallows. Instead we should be turning our thoughts and prayers to his family and to his mother, who, if Singapore continues with this hideous 'rule', will never be able to hug her son again. While I don't want to get into the 'abide by the country's laws/death penalty is wrong' debate - far too much of that going on -I will say that it makes me feel ashamed as a human being that she will not be able to say a proper good-bye to her son. They've doled out the ultimate punishment to a criminal; don't dole out the ultimate punishment to his family too. And that's all I have to say on the matter. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE CHEWING GUM.

So....this weekend the Jungle Boy & I are off to the bustling metropolis of....Prom Country. Yeah Yeah, I know that we were meant to be breaking up. Turn around Bright Eyes. Every now and then I fall apart. Can't help but feel a little bit lonely, now that Ex-Fucker has got a new girlfriend and doesn't harrass me anymore, and my wonderful, platonic, first boyfriend is now completely busy with his new partner. Plus, the time I spend with him is always fantastic, it's just that I don't get to spend a lot of time with him. I am way down on his priorities list.

Anyway, the upshot of the whole deal is that I get Friday off. And that's fucking great in my book.

No comments: