Thursday, January 25, 2007

I was made carless last night.

So unconditioned I am to not having a car around, it didn't occur to me NOT to walk home from Safeway when I bought ice cream. Or, just don't buy the ice-cream in the first place. EITHER / OR, either / or.

Apart from that RIVETING news, there's really nothing going on in my life right now. Sour romances are deperately trying to be sweetened again, with promises of european adventures; bellarine peninsula adventures; dinner, etc, but, what's the point? At the end of the day, he's still a teat sucking mama's boy, with no interest in making me part of his life, and I am a girl with a new couch (T minus 6.5 weeks and counting), and potentially a new car. One with a sunroof.

Also, I sat behind the hottest guy on the train yesterday; so float my boat did he, that I was furiously trying to come up with ways on how to 'introduce myself':

- I thought about telling him I liked his shirt
- I thought about telling him I liked his glasses
- I thought about accidentally falling forward and touching his back to 'steady'
myself, but the old bag next to me would have told him I was faking it. Sour old bitch.
- I thought about tapping him on the shoulder and saying 'Hi, I'm Martie/I think you're cute/ASL?

WHERE OH WHERE, WAS A BAR WITH SOME ALCOHOL WHEN I NEEDED IT?

So, cute boyman on Frankston line train, catching the 5.34 on 24th Jan, with blue & white striped shirt, glasses, brown-y/red-dish tinged, short hair and possibly what I saw was a Motorola RAZR, EMAIL ME!!!! I'm getting a new couch, and a sunroof.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you Martie, the hot man on public transport dillema is always a struggle. I propose mini bars on trams and trains to assist with the required dutch courage. What is so much worse though is when it appears they are flirting with you, but you can't be sure due to the other 200 people packed around you.

Sunroofs are hot. Take me for a cruise in your car when you get it!!

Oh speaking of which, you still haven't contacted me re: our ice-cream date. I'm thinking while the weather is still good we ought to get onto that, wouldn't you agree? Whats your fave ice cream purveyor? I'm starting to enjoy Brunswick st gelato-y place, can't think what it's called... trampoline maybe? Meh, anyway. I need more hot laydeez like you in my life - lets get together and share the pain... and the almond & caramel swirl!

Jamie said...

Gelobar still beckons if you're keen...

Anonymous said...

Apt name for your blog. No wonder you can't get a man.

Martie said...

If a man's criteria for a chick is looking hot in a leopard print bikini, viewer, then yes, I definitely won't be getting a man anytime soon.