Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The ridiculous wednesday-checking-mobile-phone post

I hate mobile phones so much. I want to throw mine out.

I leave mine on silent, because the noise it makes is obtrusive. But I hate having it on silent, because it makes me always check it, and I get upset/frustrated that I don't have a little envelope displayed for 'text message received'.

I reckon, in the past hour, I have checked my silent, cocksucking phone, about 30 times.

MADNESS.

Piss off back to Sweden, or wherever you came from, mobile phones.

***

One more car to look at tomorrow night. Hopefully, this is the one, because I am heartily sick of looking at cars. And sleazy dealers. Actual conversation had with local dealer last Saturday:

Dealer (while, washing car and smoking): "Do ya know what ya lookin' for love?"

Martie (withering glance): "Yeah. A car."


Ok, ok, I probably didn't need to be so aggressive but he pissed me off with the smoking thing, and his greasy hair, and the 'love' bit.

***

New Year's Resolution # 7534 isn't going that well. Oh look, it's a quarter to midnight, and I'm still awake/playing on computer. One of these days, I'm gonna go to bed before 10:30pm.

***

Approximately 12 more checks of my silent mobile phone whilst writing this post.

***

LOOK at what I found:

If it totally had a purple balloon on it, I'd be paying the $100 AUS or whatever the Great Britain exchange rate turned out to be just to get it. Probably couldn't wear it, because I'm not 18 and don't wear pinafores, but just to have it would be nice.

***

Speaking of feeling old: I feel just that. Lots of bloggers have BDO posts going, but not me. I've never been cool enough to go; and probably crowds/lines/noise/cunts with flags would piss me off anyhow. TIME TO STAY HOME AND HAVE A CUP OF TEA UNDER THE NANNA BLANKET.

***

Again, more on the subject of feeling old: At another car yard on Saturday, I was eagerly organising to test drive a Hyundai excel. Car Salesman says:
"It's a nice little first car. Did you just get your licence?"

I don't know if he was pulling bullshit manouveres to make the sale, or really dumb, or genuinely thought I was only 18. I'd like to go with the last option. I was looking in the mirror, and I really don't have any wrinkles. Hurrah! Maybe I can wear balloon necklace after all.

***

Since making a conscience effort not to check my phone after the last time, I have since checked two more times.

ALL OVER A MESSAGE I WAS MEANT TO GET AN HOUR AND A HALF AGO. GO TO SLEEP ALREADY.

***

DID I tell you...I went to Cold Rock. I took myself on a date there. Mind you, ended up a bit lost, but it was worth it. Fruit tingles in cookies'n'cream ice-cream? Banana and Milo ice cream with crushed nuts. OMG. Go there. Take me with you.
NB - Kezza, I don't think it is cosmopolitan enough for you ;-)

***

Ok, it's hit Wednesday, and officially ridiculous. It's bed time for me.

***

One last check before I go to sleep

3 comments:

Hambo said...

I hope you were not waiting for me to message you. It has however been a while since I last texted you. Pfft I hate that term "texted". I hate the vodafone verstion "txt" more when it come to the art of SMSing or using the Short Message Service. Anywho.

Mars said...

i saw the add for that Cold Rock place and wanted to go... then realised they only had stores in the most ridiculous locations. Out in the suburbs somewhere. The eastern suburbs, no less.

Dot has a necklace kinda like that balloon one. she wears it sometimes, i don't see why you cann't.

Enny said...

I always thought I was too uncool to go to BDO so waited until I was at the age where it looks like you don't care about being cool anymore so I could go.

I'll let you know if we're planning to go next year!