Thursday, August 03, 2006

Day 1

Ok, well, feel free to kick my ass...

CONSUMED:

Tall Mocha
Muesli Bar
Mandarin
Chicken & Salad Sandwich
Diet Coke
Cherry Ripe
Spag Bol
Lemon Pudding
Diet Pepsi
Cup of tea

SMACK!

I need to:
Ditch the Muesli Bar (please do not make me give up the goodness of Mochas that I have just discovered)
Ditch the bread, and just have chicken & salad instead
Ditch at least one diet cola drink, if not both
Ditch the pasta at dinner - have at lunch instead (if needed)
I'm sorry, Lemon Pudding??
Undecided about Cup of Tea.

Ok. Let's see how we go tomorrow.

Lastly: A plea for help

"Plea plea. Plea plea"

Do any of you gourmets out there know how to cook a chicken fillet like it has been roasted? You see, I'd make my own chicken & salad (to save some money), but I hate cold cooked chicken fillet - always so tough on the outside. I love Roast Chicken, the meat doesn't go hard, but too expensive to buy when I'm only going to use the breast meat ( DON'T HATE ME 'COS I DON'T EAT MEAT WITH BONES!!). Is there a marinade that I can use? If so, how long?


OMG - CHERRY RIPES ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND, MARTIE

4 comments:

DJ said...

Try this:
Get some skinless chicken breasts from "Chicken Johns" at the South Melbourne Market
Get some Purbrick and Crawford garlic sauce from Tahbilk Winery (Online or drive to Nagambie, also some fish shop in lygon street sells it too, email the nice people at Tahbilk, they'll set you staight)

Marinate chicken in sauce...2-4 hours.
Using a George Foreman grill, grill marinated breast, turning and rotating often, if you dont turn and rotate a lot it will burn and be yuck. Also dont be afraid to add more sauce while cooking.

Once cooked (10-15 mins) remove and slice chicken breast.

Its the bomb - You'll thank me later.

Anonymous said...

I bought a 12-pack of snack cherry ripes last night, just to keep in the pantry in case I ever feel like something sweet... There are three left.

Enny said...

If it's any help, I have the basic WeightWatchers calculations on a business card piece of paper... basically, you can eat anything you want as long as their is only a total amount of sat fat and kj's in it. It's VERY easy to use and means you CAN have the 'naughties' as long as you stick to your daily limit.

Email if you want more info? =o)

Anonymous said...

I too have just discovered the joy that is the Mocha - coffee and chocolate mixed together = a cup of bliss...how did we not discover them earlier????