Monday, August 21, 2006

Things I should be doing...

Instead of eating chocolate teddy bear biscuits and drinking milk

- Nothing.

There's nothing better than teddy bears and cold milk. Yummy.

Right then. Two Questions for your perusal:

A) DOES THIS MAKE ME A BAD PERSON?

When I was with the Ex-Fucker, he liked to listen to Midnight Oil. I don't mind Midnight Oil, but it used to piss me off that he liked to listen to them so much and I tried to turn them off whenever I could.

However, when I was with Jungle Boy, he HATED Midnight Oil. So...guess what I did? I used to turn it up whenever they came on the radio when we were in the car together. That's mean, isn't it? I'm such a horrible person. No wonder why I can't keep a boyfriend!

B) DOES THIS MAKE ME A BAD PERSON?

One of my goals for losing weight was to be able to fit into a pair of jeans with the button-down pockets on the back.

I live in jeans, I covet those ones with the pockets (so 2004 but I still think it's hot), and I was prepared to spend the big bucks on designer ones when I achieved my goal.

However, one went shopping today. And one just happened to be wandering through Target. And there, on a special rack, was a pair of jeans with button down pockets in my size.

For $15 (NB: not a miss-print)

I tried. I buyed.

They actually are a pretty good fit/wash/style. I quite like looking at myself in the mirror with them on.

The question is - now that my motivation has been removed, will I still continue on with my quest? I don't think that anything else turns me on more than those jeans - so I certainly can't think of anything I want to fit into badly enough. Any suggestions?

I shouldn't have bought them, should I? I have no willpower. No wonder why I can't lose weight.




Coming up - An Uplate Update update on the break-up. Because I know you can't wait*


*Not true.

4 comments:

Enny said...

A) No - it means you have a mischevous sense of humour.

B) No - it's sensible shopping - I'm sure there are/will be other motivators if you really want to do it!

that's mister nora to you, sonny said...

a) Yes.
b) Yes.

But bad people are totally hott right now.

xoxo nora

PS I found your blog by searching for "cocktards" on google blogsearch. Awesome.

PPS This does not imply you are a cocktard.

Puss In Boots said...

Not a bad person, just cheeky. I used to do the same thing to my ex with a particular dance track. I can't for the life of me remember what it was, though.

If you really still want the designer ones (and I do think that they will look nicer than the Target ones, quality wise), then you should still aim to be able to buy a pair of them. Your motivation should actually be your feelings. If you're happy the way you are, then don't worry about what other people think or say. If you're unhappy with how you look, then that should be enough to motivate you. Think how much more confident and happy you'll be when you've achieved your goal!

Kate said...

hooray for chocolate teddy bear biscuits.