Monday, October 31, 2005

Don't you just hate...

- When you forget to clean your teeth in the morning and spend all day not opening your mouth from the paranoia?

- When the delightful neighbours next door sit outside at 5:30am in the morning and talk loud enough for sleeping beauty next door to know the intimate details of their night on the dance floor?

- When people bring their (teenage) kids to work on a school curriculum day. Haven't you got shopping centres to hang around?

- When you can't grow nice nails so that you can wear some HOTT orange nail polish?

- When you can't decide between green & red astro boy underpants?

- When you see that ad for all the coloured balls bouncing down the street and get all excited, then get to the end and realise it's an ad for a TV?

- When your boss takes annual leave but announces he'll be 'popping in from time to time" thus ruining any chances wearing thongs in and drinking beer at your desk for fear he might walk in on you?

- WHEN THE FUCKING TAX OFFICE DECLARES THAT YOU NOW HAVE TO 'PAY' THEM $400 BECAUSE AS IF THEY DON'T RAPE YOU ENOUGH DURING THE YEAR. FUCKING HECS. AND BOSSES THAT CAN'T WORK IT OUT PROPERLY.

- When you can't decide what to have for lunch?

7 comments:

Hambo said...

"- When your boss takes annual leave but announces he'll be 'popping in from time to time" thus ruining any chances wearing thongs in and drinking beer at your desk for fear he might walk in on you?"

At least he tells you in advance that he might pop in. Its worse when they don't.

The Mutant said...

See, I'm not a huge fan of that scenario either, however my boss has seen me turn up for work, still pissed... in shorts with a can of Bundy rum, so I guess he wouldn't be so surprised!

I have a habitual fear of turning up to work without brushing my teeth, no watch and no sunglasses... So to counter that my workspace is dotted with mints, gum, clocks and spare gucci glasses. What? Just because I'm forgetful doesn't mean I'm prepared to look bad

tokenwoman said...

Yeah the ATO decided that I owe them just under $600. I like how they give you 3 weeks to pay it as well.

The only way I could possibly afford to do that is for them to stop taking out the $400 a fornight they already steal from me....

Janet said...

Oh, it's too late now, but seriously - deductibles! They wanted to take $1,500 from me, and then I popped in some meagre legitimate deductibles, and they're now sending me $57.
Try that next year, should it be a problem again!

Anonymous said...

1. They have those teethcleaning doover thingos you can buy and pop on your finger.
2. A well placed samurai sword will cure that.
3. See 2.
4. Acrylic nails are your friend.
5. Why choose? Buy both.
6. What?
7. See 2.
8. Creative accounting, mang. It's the new black.

None of the above suggestions came from Cosmo, I swear.

Ben said...

Hey Martie, I'm officially jumping on your crazy lovable band-wagon.

I got a bottle of Absolut for my birthday.

Rom said...

The balls, I love those balls! What is the deal with that song, have to know what the song is, screw the tv, I want that song!

And here's to workplaces where you can drink beer and wear thongs, if anyone knows of some, I'd love a job.