Friday, October 14, 2005

Mixed Bag End-of-Week

Another weekend, another trip to sweden-y goodness. Huzzah chaps!

I'm going because my new toy needs a house. And because I really can't afford the jizzed up white/matt silver low line entertainment unit that I've had my eye on.

I'm going to get it ALL BY MYSELF and assemble it ALL BY MYSELF and put said TV (all 70kg of it) on it ALL BY MYSELF. Why? Well judging by the amount of Mrs Field's Macadamia Cookies I'm devouring lately, there's trouble in Jungle Boy/Martie paradise. Nothing is official yet, but soon it will be Splitsville: population: Me.

Reasons?

I can't compete with his mother. Last week he spent Thursday & Friday night at my house, but then had to go home Saturday and be with his Mum all day because she thinks he is 'neglecting her', by not seeing her for two days. Oh. Fuck. He's a 26 year old man. Then he tells me that she just bought him his 'summer wardrobe' and made a hair appointment for him 8:30am Saturday morning. I just can't cope with that. Obviously, a close relationship with your parents is great, but there has to be a time that you cut the umbilical cord, surely??

Second reason? He has the constitution of an 18th Century woman. He's so delicate. He takes the day off if he has a headache, or if he something he has eaten the day before 'doesn't agree with him'. Said delicateness affects our relationship too. Can't do this because he's feeling poorly. Can't see me because he's got a headache. Before you all flame me for being a biatch, I am obviously aware that people get sick, but he's had more off days in the time that I've known him than I've had hot dinners.

AND - I can't go the Caulfield Cup tomorrow either. All of my friends are going, but because the Ex-Fucker already 'got in first', I can't go. So I'm going to sit at home and watch it on my new TV in it's new house, and put imaginary bets on and become an imaginary millionaire and I'm gonna do it ALL BY MYSELF.




Anyone wanna come? We can have a blender party...with Vodka...

3 comments:

Desci said...

Poor Martie. But it's better to make a clean break if you know it's not gonna work. You're up with the wisdom. xo

Steph said...

He sounds errr....a tad creepy. Mother love to the extreme! Get while the gettin is good.

Hambo said...

ummm what caz said...