Sunday, October 09, 2005

Martie & the Teevees....

No, unfortunately, not the little box of malted chocolate sticks. It's not even the name of my new band I've hastily put together to play a few gigs to drunk teenagers. Even better. I've got a new baby:



Me and Toadie from Neighbours are going to get a whole lot better aquainted. Yee-fucking-har.

My newest asset is the product of an intensive three week search, in which time I learnt that time is actually flying past me at the speed of light, or something akin to not owning a DVD player yet. Sometimes I can be such a technophobe, that I actually wonder if I'm not a 70 year old living in the body of a twenty some year old woman. Fucking scary.

But now, I'm so down with the lingo of plasma and high definition and wide screen and rear projectors, that I could sashay on down to the Good Guys and get a job, just like that. And maybe even the chance to crack onto that nerdy guy with the coke bottle glasses. I'm so hot for him.

Like, did you know, if your TV is only 'AV stereo', it means that if you don't have a DVD or video hooked up to it, then it will only play mono sound out of one speaker? I didn't know this until this weekend. Thank fuck the dodgy most accomodating salesman pointed me in the direction of a 'full stereo' Teev, or there would be a code red tonight. Like, close call dudes!

Unfortunately, Teevee (it's new official name) won't be arriving until next week sometime, so I'll just have to make-do with my little 34cm on top of the dryer for now. Not that I'm watching anything but 'Australian Princess' at the moment anyway (I'm sure that bush chick, given half a chance, would trade Teevee in for a 'sweet ute'). Not a chance, sweetcheeks. He's all mine! The only thing left to do is work out where I'm going to house the little bugger. Back to the Ikea catalogue for me, I feel.

And while I'm at it, check out the newest apple of my eye, sure to be taking its place in Cucina di Martie very soon:



I am jizz-filled already.

1 comment:

Hambo said...

Martie, if you talk sweet techno talk in my ear, I will be yours forever.

AV Stereo just isn't for DVD players, works well for Digital set top boxes. I however don't have that on my tv so for stereo, I have my actual stereo hooked up to the left/right cable. Its also hooked up to the xbox in the same manner. I need to upgrade. Need 5.1 and a bigger teevee. 68cm+ should do. As for housing the fucker... i don't know what I'll do.